Summer Art Camp for Kids
PAFA's summer art camp nurtures observation, exploration, and creativity for kids ages 4–15.
PAFA is currently closed as we monitor the situation around the coronavirus (COVID-=19). We are hopeful that the need for social distancing will resolve itself by the summer months so that we can host your wonderful, creative campers in our flagship program for families in Philadelphia. We will continue to provide updates to camp families on this page, but if you are concerned that your plans will change before these updates are available, please see PAFA’s Withdrawals and Refund Policy below.
Registering For Camp
PAFA is pleased to premiere a new registration system for Summer Art Camp called CourseStorm, which we hope will streamline the process. Begin the registration process using the button above.
Before You Begin
Here are some quick tips for first-time users:
- The new system will remember your family’s information and allow you to return to an in-process registration later to finish adjusting what’s in your cart. It will also remember you from year to year.
- Having a Family Membership at PAFA will get you an even deeper discount. Consider purchasing the Family Membership before you registering for a camp or add it to your CourseStorm cart as a “class”.
- Discounts: If you purchase 3 or more camps at one time, you will now get a discount, regardless of whether or not the campers are siblings. Consider inviting a friend to camp this year and everyone saves!
- Pro Tip: Download the full 2020 camp schedule and decide with your camper(s) which camps you will be attending before beginning to add them to your cart.
- Pro Tip: Find your camps faster and add it more quickly to your cart by typing the name of the camp into the search bar - not the word “camp” though! (For example, typing “Draw” will focus your search toward Introduction to Drawing, Drawing I and Drawing II camps.)
- Forms: You can now complete your Camper Information and Release Form online instead of mailing them in. You can also download camp forms as pdf and send them to email@example.com. Please Note: In order to reserve your camp spot, you must register and pay your camp deposit first—this form alone does not guarantee or confirm your registration. Don't wait to long as the camps fill up fast!
Withdrawals and Refund Policy
Withdrawals must be made in writing via email (firstname.lastname@example.org) to the Youth and Family Programs Office.
If the Art Camp is canceled by PAFA, you will receive a full refund.
If you cancel:
Prior to May 15th, camp fees will be refunded minus a 20% processing fee of the total tuition payment.
After May 15th, no refunds will be issued (see exceptions below).
- Refunds will not be granted for scheduling conflicts or no-shows.
- Refunds will not be granted to campers who leave the camp by their own choice.
- Refunds will be made to the individual who made the original payment.
- If your camper is in a camp with a waiting list and another camper can take their seat, a refund may be possible.
- Campers may transfer to an alternate camp session, if space permits, without penalty if the switch is made before the first day of camp.
- Campers who become ill for two or more consecutive days may request consideration for a prorated refund for that week of camp (a doctor’s certification may be requested).
- Refunds may be granted for reasons of sudden death, illness or injury to a parent or guardian (a doctor’s certification may be requested).
- In the event that a camp is under-enrolled or canceled for any other reason, you will be notified by phone and/ or email and may choose to transfer into another class or receive a full tuition and fee refund. Early registration helps prevent camp cancellation!
2020 Camp Sessions
Every week is a new artistic adventure and celebration of creativity and friendship at PAFA’s award-winning Art Camp. Register for a specific week or for the whole summer. Campers enjoy art-making of all kinds in a safe accessible environment with highly skilled instructors. Each week is designed for different age groups and involves painting, drawing, printmaking, sculpture, animation, comics, or multi-media projects in the historic studios of the oldest art school and museum in the United States. Every Friday ends with campers exhibiting their work for family and friends.
|$350 per week|
PAFA Family Members
$295 per week
$80 for one year
10% off if registering for three (3) or more camps. The discount includes multiple campers registration. Please count ALL camps you are registering for.
A limited number of scholarships are available for summer campers who meet special criteria. It is our sincere desire that no child be denied the opportunity to attend camp because of financial difficulties. PAFA works hard to raise scholarship funding, but we can make no guarantees. If you feel that your child qualifies for a camp scholarship, please fill out the application below for each applicable child and include a letter of recommendation from your child’s teacher.
|Weekly||$130 per week|
|Daily care is available based on space availability||$30 per day|
|Drop Off||8:30–9:00 AM|
|Morning Sessions||9:00–12:00 PM|
|Lunch||12:00 -1:00 PM|
|Afternoon Session||1:00–3:00 PM|
|Pick Up||3:00–3:15 PM|
(optional, at additional cost)
PAFA offers programs for artists and art lovers of all ages and skill levels who want to learn about and make art.