Summer Art Camp for Kids
PAFA’s award-winning art camp is going virtual!
Our creative team and spirited young artists came together for a 23rd summer of fun, friends and art-making, experiences our children need more than ever as we navigate COVID-19 as a community.
The 2020 camp is full. See you next year!
Camp takes place Mon-Fri from 9am - 3pm, using Zoom video conferencing as well as Canvas, PAFA’s learning management system. You can register for a specific week or for the whole summer, whatever works best for your family, and multi-week discounts are designed to make camp as affordable as possible for families.
CREATE a variety of unique artwork, while learning and enhancing visual arts skills.
- Campers enjoy art-making of all kinds in the safe environment of their homes guided by highly skilled instructors in live interaction sessions.
- Small group sizes ensure that campers receive high quality instruction and individual attention from their teachers.
KEEP BUSY with daily creative assignments leading to an online art exhibition for friends and family.
Each week, campers have a Toolbox with supplies and materials needed for that camp, in addition to the materials already available at home. You must register before June 8th to ensure timely delivery of the Camp Art Toolbox. After that day you will be responsible for picking up the Toolbox or purchasing the supplies on your own.
Daily movement and mindfulness exercises integrated throughout the day.
SOCIALIZE and COLLABORATE with your fellow campers!
Camp is always about seeing old friends and making new ones. Campers are be able to communicate and collaborate with the fellow campers as well as discuss each other's works on Zoom and on the Canvas discussion forums.
SHARE your creations and artistic vision.
At the end of the week, campers share their creations in a virtual exhibition for friends and family.
Virtual Camp Fun
Virtual Camp Pricing
One Week Camp (9-3 pm) - Regular price:$250 / Members Price- $210
Become A Family Member - $80 for one year, and major family programs discounts
Register for 3 or more camps to receive $25 off each camp. The discount includes multiple campers registration. Please count ALL camps you are registering for.
It is our sincere desire that no child be denied the opportunity to attend camp because of financial difficulties. Thanks to our generous donors, PAFA is able to offer a limited number of scholarships. The decision is based on the following criteria:
- Financial need
- Interest and involvement in the arts
- Potential for growth and development through the PAFA experience
- Space availability
Please fill out this form for each applicable child to be considered. Scholarships are awarded on first come first serve base and are subject to funds availability. We will contact you by email with information on your scholarship request.
Registering For Camp
You must register at least 2 weeks in advance of each camp to ensure timely delivery of the Camp Art Toolbox. If less than 2 weeks, you will be responsible for picking up the Toolbox or purchasing the supplies on your own.
PAFA will send supplies to the address provided at the time of registration. You may update your address by emailing us, but no later than 2 weeks prior to your camp first day.
PAFA is not responsible for the policies or security of third party delivery services and is not liable for damaged, lost or stolen materials.
Virtual Camp is divided into three age groups: Juniors (ages 6 to 8); Pre-teens (9-11); Teens (12-15)
If you would like to register for the camp in a age group different from your child’s age or if your child is younger than 6, but you would like to register, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
PAFA is pleased to premiere a new registration system for Summer Art Camp called CourseStorm, which we hope will streamline the process.
For current;y open camps click here
Before You Begin
Here are some quick tips for first-time users:
- The new system will remember your family’s information and allow you to return to an in-process registration later to finish adjusting what’s in your cart. It will also remember you from year to year.
- Having a Family Membership at PAFA will get you an even deeper discount. Consider purchasing the Family Membership before you register for a camp or add it to your CourseStorm cart as a “class”.
- Discounts: If you purchase 3 or more camps at one time, you will now get a discount, regardless of whether or not the campers are siblings. Consider inviting a friend to camp this year and everyone saves!
- Pro Tip: Download the full 2020 camp schedule and decide with your camper(s) which camps you will be attending before beginning to add them to your cart.
- Pro Tip: Find your camps faster and add it more quickly to your cart by typing the name of the camp into the search bar - not the word “camp” though! (For example, typing “Draw” will focus your search toward Introduction to Drawing, Drawing I and Drawing II camps.)
- Forms: You can now complete your Camper Information and Release Form online instead of mailing them in. Please Note: In order to reserve your camp spot, you must register and pay your camp deposit first—this form alone does not guarantee or confirm your registration.
Frequently Asked Questions
How will it be “facilitated” if we’re here and you’re there?
Every day, campers will engage in live, interactive camp with their instructors and friends on the video platform Zoom. We will also use an online learning platform called Canvas for sharing daily schedules, online artwork and discussions between campers and instructors. And as always, every camp week will culminate with a virtual exhibition and opening reception for family and friends live streamed on Zoom.
Will it feel the same as camp in the museum?
Probably not, and we’ll miss our beautiful buildings and chance to play and run and laugh together too. But experts are telling us that this is the safest way to enjoy the summer together and our educators have a lot of experience transitioning into making art online with young people, so we really do believe it will be awesome. We hope you’ll trust us to build the best virtual camp experience possible, just like you trusted us the first time you dropped your camper off on the museum steps.
I’m working from home too - how much computer time will my camper need?
The Daily Schedule will help you understand what times of day your camper is most likely to join in a social activity or lesson with instructors and other campers. It will also be important to review the basic requirements of home computers if this is your family’s first time using Zoom.
PAFA offers programs for artists and art lovers of all ages and skill levels who want to learn about and make art.