Directions and Parking
Southeastern Pennsylvania Transportation Authority (SEPTA) serves the Philadelphia region with subway-elevated, light rail, trackless trolley, bus routes, and commuter rail lines.
- Regional Rail: All lines of the regional rail system stop at the Jefferson Station. Exit the station on Market Street and walk west (toward City Hall) until you reach Broad Street and turn right. PAFA is one block down on the left at the northeast corner of Broad and Cherry streets.
- Market/Frankford Line (Blue Line): Take the Market/Frankford Line (MFL) to 15th Street station. Walk one block north to Arch Street. Then walk one block east to Broad Street. Make a left on Broad Street. PAFA is one block north at the corner of Broad and Cherry streets.
- Broad Street Subway (Orange Line): Take the Broad Street Line (BSL) to the Race/Vine stop. Exit the station on Race and Broad streets. Walk one block south (toward City Hall) on Broad Street. PAFA is at the corner of Broad and Cherry streets.
- Bus: A number of bus lines stop in close proximity, including routes 16, 27, and 48.
Philadelphia PHLASH Downtown Loop
The downtown shuttle bus circulates through the hotel, entertainment, and historic districts of Center City, as well as providing direct service between Center City and PAFA.
PATCO provides train service from southern New Jersey to Center City. Use the 13th and Locust stop. Walk north on 13th to Arch Street (six blocks) and make a left. Walk one block to Broad Street and make a right. PAFA will be on your left, halfway up the block.
Take Amtrak to Philadelphia's 30th Street Station. From the station take a 10-minute cab ride, or public transportation via SEPTA's Regional Rail, or the Market/Frankford line.
Greyhound Bus Lines
PAFA is a short walk from the Greyhound bus station on Filbert Street between 10th and 11th streets. Proceed down Filbert Street five blocks to Broad Street. Turn right (north) on Broad Street for two blocks to PAFA.
Taxi & Rideshare
Several different taxicab & rideshare companies offer service into downtown Philadelphia from 30th Street Station. It is approximately a 10-minute ride.
- I-95 South: From I-95 South, follow signs to I-676. Take 676 to the Broad Street exit, which will put you on 15th Street. Turn left onto Race Street, then right onto Broad. PAFA is one block down on the right.
- I-95 North and I-76: From I-95 North, follow signs to I-76 West (Schuylkill Expressway). Follow I-76 West and exit at I-676/Central Philadelphia. Take I-676 to the Broad Street exit, which will put you on 15th Street. Turn left onto Race Street, then turn right onto Broad. PAFA is one block down on the right.
- New Jersey via Benjamin Franklin Bridge: After crossing the bridge, you will be on Vine Street. Continue on Vine until it intersects with Broad Street. Turn left onto Broad and PAFA is one block down on the right.
- New Jersey via the Walt Whitman Bridge: From the bridge follow I-76 West (Schuylkill Expressway). Follow signs for Central Philadelphia and I-676. Take the exit for I-676 and follow it until the Broad Street exit, which will put you on 15th Street. Turn left onto Race Street, then turn right onto Broad Street. PAFA is one block down on the right.
- Pennsylvania Turnpike: Take exit 24 from the turnpike. Follow the signs to Philadelphia and Route I-76 East. Continue on I-76 (Schuylkill Expressway) following signs for I-676/Central Phila. (It will be the left-hand fork.) Continue on I-676 until the Broad Street exit, which will put you on 15th Street. Turn left onto Race Street, then turn right onto Broad Street. PAFA is one block down on the right.
- New Jersey Turnpike: Take the New Jersey Turnpike to Exit 4. Take Route 73 West/North, about one mile, to Route 38 West (follow signs to Camden). From 38 follow signs to Route30/Philadelphia/Benjamin Franklin Bridge. Upon crossing the bridge you will be on Vine Street. Continue on Vine Street in the right lane. Turn left onto Broad Street and PAFA is about two blocks down on the right.
Discounted visitor parking is available at the Parkway Corporation Garage at the southwest corner of Broad and Race streets and at their outdoor lot at the northeast corner of 15th and Cherry streets. Wheelchair accessible spaces are available on the 3rd level of the garage and in the outdoor lot.
Parking validation is available for PAFA visitors—inquire at the Visitor Services desk in the Historic Landmark Building, or the West Desk in Samuel M.V. Hamilton. Be sure to get your ticket validated before you leave PAFA.