Summer Studio/Critique Program
Registration for Summer 2022 is now closed. Check back in April 2023 for updates on the 2023 Summer Studio/Critique!
The Summer Studio/Critique Program is back in-person on PAFA's campus! This six-week studio-rental program is designed for experienced visual artists and educators who desire constructive feedback on their artwork, as well as the support and interaction of an artistic community. Stimulate your personal artistic growth in your own private PAFA studio through individual weekly critiques from a stellar ensemble of nationally and internationally known artists, including members of PAFA’s acclaimed faculty, as well as discussion, group critiques, and artist's studio visits.
Registration Deadline: Rolling, on a space-available basis. Only 12 spaces available.
Tuition: $1,500 for 3.0 graduate credits, 4.0 undergraduate credits, or non-credit. Tuition covers rental of a private studio in PAFA's Samuel M.V. Hamilton Building and weekly individual critiques from distinguished artists and curators.
Schedule: Students have all-day studio access, until midnight daily. Weekly one-on-one critiques will be conducted each Friday by time-slot sign-up. Lead critic Tom Csaszar will host additional group critiques/discussions and field trips/artist studio visits, scheduled to best accommodate the group's needs.
Additional benefits: Receive a 10% tuition discount on all subsequent PAFA CE Summer Session 2 Classes!
Review complete Registration and Policy Information below.
Registration and Policy Information
The Summer Studio/Critique Program is offered through PAFA's Continuing Education (CE) Programs. Please note that the CE office currently does not accept walk-in appointments due to COVID-19 building access restrictions. Registration is available online only at this time.
Please review the following information carefully prior to registering:
- This is an uninstructed program; as such, prior art-making experience and the ability to work independently are required. Beyond this understanding, there are no specific application requirements or prerequisites for this program.
- Review the Continuing Education Procedures & Policies for important policies, including information about PAFA accreditation and transcript requests. By applying for the Summer Studio/Critique Program, you agree to abide by PAFA's Procedures and Policies.
- Withdrawals from the program must be issued in writing to email@example.com. Withdrawals issued prior to two weeks before the first day (by June 20) will be issued a full refund, minus a $50 administrative fee. No refunds are issued for withdrawals after June 20, after studio rentals have been reserved.
- No materials list is provided for this program. Students may work in their media of choice within PAFA's safety/clean-air guidelines. Access to print and sculpture shop facilities is not included in tuition: Students must be enrolled in print or sculpture classes for access to these facilities and abide by shop rules and access hours.
- Review CE's Procedures and Policies for important program information, including COVID safety requirements, academic credit policies, and other classroom/program rules.
For questions, please contact Allison Syvertsen, PAFA’s Director of Continuing Education Programs at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Contact Continuing Education
Thank you for your interest in PAFA's CE programs. Join our community of dedicated artists of all ages and skill levels: Continuing Education offers exceptional studio art classes and workshops for beginner to advanced artists outside of PAFA's degree programs, available to both museum members and the general public.
Telephone: (215) 972–7632