CE Discounts and Scholarships
PAFA offers discounts and financial assistance in the form of scholarships for Continuing Education classes.
Summer 2020 Early Registration Discount
Register by May 22 to receive a 10% tuition discount on CE tuition! Enter promo code EARLYBIRDSUMMER2020 during online checkout.
PAFA Members at the Friend level and above receive a 10% tuition discount on CE courses, workshops and Master Classes during the entire year of their membership! For more information and to join or upgrade your membership, view our online membership details or contact the Development Department at 215-972-2077.
Refer a first-time Continuing Education student, and you and the new student will receive a 10% discount on tuition for one class or workshop within the current semester (excludes Master Classes). Call 215-972-7632 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to provide the name of the student you referred.
Spring 2020 COVID-19 Cancellation Credit: Students enrolled in Spring 2020 CE courses that were cut short by COVID-19 closures were issued prorated tuition credit for the missed classes. Credit may be applied toward upcoming CE courses; email email@example.com to request a promo code to apply to your registration, or to request to have this amount promptly refunded from your current payment. Students who do not wish to apply the credit to upcoming courses may email the above address to request a refund via mailed check. Please allow 4 - 6 weeks for check refund processing.
Lab, materials and locker fees are not eligible for discounts. Some restrictions apply. Call 215-972-7632 for more information.
CE COMMUNITY SCHOLARSHIPS
Summer Application Deadline: Rolling
PAFA Continuing Education is pleased to present the CE Community Scholarship to assist students without access to other resources to fund their CE studies, who demonstrate dedication to their art. Scholarship funds are awarded on the basis of need and merit, and cover partial tuition for one regular CE class or workshop for adults within the semester of application. (Master Classes are not eligible for scholarship assistance.) First-time applicants may receive priority for scholarship awards.
Scholarship recipients are responsible for supplies required for their selected class (please see materials lists in individual course descriptions), and must pay the remaining tuition balance prior to the first class. Scholarships may be transferred from one class to another in the event of a cancellation, but cannot be transferred from one semester to another or from one individual to another.
- Completed SlideRoom application (see below)
- Personal statement (one page explaining your artistic background/interests, why you would like to participate in PAFA CE classes, and why you are requesting scholarship assistance
- Letter of recommendation from teacher or mentor (be prepared to submit your teacher's/mentor's email address on the SlideRoom application)
How to Apply
- Go to SlideRoom.
- "Login" to an already existing account, or “Sign Up” to make a SlideRoom account. SlideRoom is a free service.
- If creating a new account, open the email that automatically will be sent to you and click on the activation link. Log into your new account.
- Select CE Community Scholarship Summer 2020 from the Directory.
- Complete the application form, upload your personal statement, and enter your recommender's email address.
- Once all sections are completed, review and submit your application. You can save an application in progress if you need to check or add information/images before submitting it. Logout when finished.
Once submitted, applications cannot be altered. Be sure to make note of your SlideRoom login information: In addition to logging in to complete an application in progress, you can use this account for future SlideRoom applications at PAFA and other participating institutions
Scholarship results will be announced via email. Please be sure to check your junk/spam folder and approve pafa.edu as a sender. Partial scholarship awards require payment of the tuition balance prior to the first day of class in order to confirm scholarship acceptance and enrollment in the course.
Please Note: Mailed submissions and in-person drop-off is currently unavailable as the Continuing Education Programs office is closed until further notice due to the public health threat posed by COVID-19.
For questions, leave a message at 215-972-7632 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
HIGH SCHOOL STUDENT SCHOLARSHIPS
PAFA offers a limited number of full- and partial-scholarships for pre-college classes for high school students based on merit and need. See One-Week Summer Intensives for High School Students for information.