CE Discounts and Scholarships
PAFA offers discounts and financial assistance in the form of scholarships for Continuing Education classes.
- Early Bird Discount for Winter Classes
Register for Winter 2022 classes by 5:00 p.m., Friday, December 16, and receive a 10% discount! Use the promo code EARLYBIRDWINTER2023 at check-out (be sure to click the “+” symbol). PAFA members will receive an additional 10% off this discounted rate.
- Membership Discount
PAFA is pleased to offer a 10% discount on courses, workshops, and Master Classes for PAFA Museum members at the Friend level and above. For more information and to join or upgrade your membership, view our online membership details or contact the Development Department at 215-972-2077.
Refer a first-time Continuing Education student, and you and the new registrant will receive a 10% discount on tuition for one regular CE class or workshop within the current semester (Master Classes are excluded). Email firstname.lastname@example.org to provide the name of the new registrant; CE will issue the appropriate refunds or discount promo code upon confirming this information. Some restrictions may apply.
Lab, materials and locker fees are not eligible for discounts. Some restrictions apply. Email email@example.com for more information.
CE COMMUNITY SCHOLARSHIPS
Winter/Spring Application Deadline: January 4
PAFA Continuing Education is pleased to present the CE Community Scholarship to assist students without access to other resources to fund their CE studies, who demonstrate dedication to their art. Scholarship funds are awarded on the basis of need and merit, and cover partial tuition for one regular CE class or workshop for adults within the semester of application. (Special programs such as Master Classes are not eligible for scholarship assistance. Pre-College Programs award scholarship assistance through a separate application.) First-time applicants may receive priority for scholarship awards.
Scholarship recipients are responsible for supplies required for their selected class (please see materials lists in individual course descriptions), and must pay the remaining tuition balance prior to the first class. Scholarships may be transferred from one class to another in the event of a cancellation, but cannot be transferred from one semester to another or from one individual to another.
- Completed SlideRoom application
- Personal statement (one page explaining your artistic background/interests, why you would like to participate in PAFA CE classes, and why you are requesting scholarship assistance
- Letter of recommendation from teacher or mentor (be prepared to submit your teacher's/mentor's email address on the SlideRoom application)
How to Apply
- Go to SlideRoom.
- "Login" to an already existing account, or “Sign Up” to make a SlideRoom account. SlideRoom is a free service.
- If creating a new account, open the email that automatically will be sent to you and click on the activation link. Log into your new account.
- Select CE Community Scholarship Winter/Spring 2023 from the Directory (available until January 4 deadline).
- Complete the application form, upload your personal statement, and enter your recommender's email address.
- Once all sections are completed, review and submit your application. You can save an application in progress if you need to check or add information/images before submitting it. Logout when finished.
Once submitted, applications cannot be altered. Be sure to make note of your SlideRoom login information: In addition to logging in to complete an application in progress, you can use this account for future SlideRoom applications at PAFA and other participating institutions
Scholarship results will be announced via email. Please be sure to check your junk/spam folder and approve pafa.edu as a sender. Partial scholarship awards require payment of the tuition balance prior to the first day of class in order to confirm scholarship acceptance and enrollment in the course.
For questions, leave a message at 215-972-2029 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
HIGH SCHOOL STUDENT SCHOLARSHIPS
PAFA offers a limited number of full- and partial-scholarships for pre-college classes for high school students based on merit and need. See Saturday Studio Art for High School Students for information.
Contact Continuing Education
Thank you for your interest in PAFA's CE programs. Join our community of dedicated artists of all ages and skill levels: Continuing Education offers exceptional studio art classes and workshops for beginner to advanced artists outside of PAFA's degree programs, available to both museum members and the general public.
Telephone: (215) 972–7632