CE Certificate Programs
The CE Certificate programs are not currently available for application.
For the serious student-artist, CE offers Certificate programs to enhance your technical skills and professional presence through a curriculum of focused study under the guidance of expert faculty-artists. Whether seeking to boost your personal or professional studio practice, build a foundation for undergraduate or graduate arts study, or lay the groundwork for a variety of arts-related occupations, PAFA's unparalleled fine arts instruction will propel you toward your artistic goals.
- Individually tailored assistance in course selection. Call the CE office for course recommendations that fulfill program requirements and best fit your needs.
- Individual guidance and feedback on your progress. Enrolling in CE Certificate classes for credit means that students receive additional attention and assessments of their work in the classroom. A Faculty Advisor will be assigned to Certificate students for additional mentoring and critical advice.
- A flexible timeframe. Requirements can be completed in 1 - 5 years.
- Access to PAFA Open Academy classes. CE Certificate students may elect to fulfill Certificate requirements with eligible BFA and Post-Baccalaureate classes through PAFA's Open Academy Program. Initial Open Academy application requirements (other than portfolio images) will be waived for students already accepted to the CE Certificate Programs.
- Scheduled critiques with PAFA faculty. Receive feedback on your work and progress as well as helpful insights for future development.
- Access to student support services. CE Certificates students may participate in career workshops and counseling through PAFA's Career Services.
- A Certificate of Completion to commemorate your achievement.
- Online Exhibition at the conclusion of the program and recognition at the CE Annual Juried Student Exhibition.
- Complementary One-Year Alumni Membership.
- Each Certificate is composed of 8–12 CE courses, with options to fulfill requirements with Open Academy classes. Course requirements vary by Certificate–see program descriptions.
- Certificate programs culminate with an independent studio or other prescribed individual study program to promote personal interests.
- Courses must be taken for credit, which entails assessment for a grade based on attendance, participation, and quality of work. Grading requirements vary by course/instructor. Credits will appear on PAFA transcripts, available upon request.
- Critiques and meetings with an assigned faculty adviser are scheduled at regular intervals, based on the rate of completed courses.
- CE Certificate students must complete their Certificate course of study within 5 years of their semester start date. Resuming Certificate course requirements after this time limit will require reinstatement into the program by application and fee.
Contact Continuing Education
Thank you for your interest in PAFA's CE programs. Join our community of dedicated artists of all ages and skill levels: Continuing Education offers exceptional studio art classes and workshops for beginner to advanced artists outside of PAFA's degree programs, available to both museum members and the general public.
Telephone: (215) 972–7632