Statement from the School Review Committee Sent on Behalf of Reginald M. Browne
As Chairman of the School Review Committee of the Board, I write to the community of stakeholders for the Pennsylvania Academy of Fine Arts to offer an update. The Committee was constituted last week, and our work has begun.
Our charge from Board Chairman Kevin Donohoe is to examine the College from the lens of our extensive range of community of alumni, graduate and undergraduate students, faculty, and staff. We are charged with presenting a substantive list of recommendations for meaningful and structural change to our College. Our work will build upon the content of and recommendations from the 2019 Belonging Report. We plan to conduct listening sessions with our alumni, students, faculty, and staff on the topic of structural change to collect various views on enhancements.
We are working toward presenting our final report to the Board of Trustees at the September 10, 2020 board meeting. Our stakeholder listening sessions will be announced once we finalize the engagement of a specialist firm with deep experience in Diversity, Inclusion and Equity and change management of academic and corporate institutions.
The committee members are as follows:
- Reginald M. Browne, Trustee, Assistant Treasurer, Chair, School Review Committee, PAFA
- Anne E. McCollum, Trustee, Vice Chair, Co-Chair, Development Committee, PAFA
- Susan M. Hendrickson, Esq., Trustee, Secretary, PAFA
- Theodore O. Rogers, Esq., Trustee, Chair, Human Resources Committee, PAFA
- James O’Neill, Esq., Trustee, Chair, School Committee, PAFA
- Emily Cavanagh, Trustee, Co-Chair, Collections Committee, PAFA
- Charles E. Chase, Trustee, Chair, Building Committee, PAFA
- Winston I. Lowe, Esq., Trustee, Chair, Public Education & Engagement Committee, PAFA
- William Hankowsky, Trustee, Co-Chair, Development Committee, PAFA
In advance of our work and engagement with our community of stakeholders, the Committee has instituted a confidential email address to solicit constructive feedback from our PAFA community. You can send comments to firstname.lastname@example.org. Comments and suggestions sent by this method are confidential.
Reginald M. Browne
Chairman, School Review Committee