Saturday Studio Art Classes for High School Students
Saturday Art Classes are a valuable opportunity for teens to develop and hone their studio art skills under the guidance of PAFA faculty. Open to high school students entering or currently enrolled in grades 9–12. All levels welcome.
Saturday Art Classes are virtual for Fall 2020! Teens improve their skills, connect with peers and faculty while learning to create in a home studio.
- Live Zoom sessions take place for at least one hour of the scheduled class time. Instructors will be available for feeback throughout the scheduled class time. Check out Zoom technology requirements. Course description contain details on how the live sessions will be structured in each course- all classes are tailored to offer a great learning experience.
- Canvas contains the syllabus, assignments, discussion threads, a messaging system for class participants and additional resources, as well as information to reach the live Zoom portion of the class.
Earn college credit while having fun! Teens can choose to take all 10-week courses for 1.0 undergraduate credit at no additional cost. Grade and credit appear on a PAFA transcript if requested.
All courses run for 10 weeks, September 26 - December 5. Tuition for each course is $400 for non-members, $360 for members for 1.0 undergraduate credit or non-credit. Full course descriptions and registration will be available by August 17.
Full course descriptions are on the course catalogue.
How to Register
Registration Deadline: September 25
Scholarship Application Deadline:
September 17 September 24
When registering, students are responsible for:
- Downloading their course materials list from the online course description
- Completing and submitting a Parent-Guardian Information and Consent Form included in the materials list. This form must be submitted before the first class to permit class participation and attendance on field trips. Students under age 18 are required to submit upon registering for any Continuing Education course.
- Viewing and agreeing to the terms of the CE Policy Guide.
Students will receive an emailed confirmation upon registering and an email reminder with the materials list, class information, and consent form shortly before the course start date.
International students are welcome! However, the registration process is different to support international payment systems. Please reach out to email@example.com to register as an international student.
PAFA offers a limited number of full- and partial-scholarships for Saturday Art Classes, open to all high school students based on merit and need.
A scholarship application must be completed and awarded before registering for the course. Scholarships cannot be applied after registration.
CE Pre-College Scholarship Application Deadline for Fall 2020 Classes: September 17.
How to Apply
Scholarship applications for CE Pre-College Scholarships are submitted online via SlideRoom (see directions below). Applications must be completed and submitted in full by the deadline. Students will be notified of award decisions via email and must confirm acceptance and submit payment of the tuition balance to complete their registration for their selected courses.
Personal statement: 1–2 paragraphs explaining why you would like to attend Saturday pre-college classes at PAFA and why you are requesting scholarship assistance.
Portfolio of 5 images. Portfolios should consist of your strongest artwork and should include drawings or paintings from direct observation (as opposed to referencing photographs). Make sure the photos of your artwork are well-lit, not blurry, and show only the artwork (you may need to crop). A smartphone camera is typically sufficient.
- Log in to SlideRoom using the link below. The scholarship application will be active August 14 - September 17.
- "Login" to an already existing account, or “Sign Up” to make a SlideRoom account. (SlideRoom is a free service.)
- If creating a new account, open the email that was automatically sent to you and click on the activation link. Log in to your new account.
- Select Fall 2020 Pre-College Studio Art Scholarship from the Directory.
- Complete the application form sections online and upload your personal statement and digital portfolio images.
- Once all sections are completed, review and submit your application. Once submitted, it cannot be altered. Logout when finished. Be sure to make note of your SlideRoom login information: In addition to logging in to complete an application in progress, you can use this account for future SlideRoom applications at PAFA and other participating institutions.
Contact Pre-College Programs
Studio art classes and education for high school students to develop their artistic passions and prepare for college.