Registration for Fall 2021 in-person and online classes opens August 9.
COVID-19 vaccination (or documentation for requested medical/religious exemption) is required at the time of registration as a condition of enrollment in on-campus classes. Masking and other safety requirements will be enforced for in-person classes. (See Fall 2021 CE Policy Guide for complete information.)
Registration is available online only at this time. Please note that the CE office is closed until August 16; remote assistance is available via email@example.com.
Fall Semester Dates to Remember:
- Fall Registration Deadline: September 10 (deadlines vary for short courses and workshops with later start dates)
- Fall Semester Duration: September 16 – December 12
- Labor Day (school offices closed): September 6
- Thanksgiving Break (no online or on-campus classes; school offices closed): November 25 – 28
Spring 2020 COVID-19 Cancellation Credit: Students enrolled in Spring 2020 CE courses that were cut short by COVID-19 closures were issued prorated tuition credit for the missed classes. Credit may be applied toward upcoming CE courses; email firstname.lastname@example.org to request a promo code to apply to your registration, or to request to have this amount promptly refunded from your current payment. Students who do not wish to apply the credit to upcoming courses may email the above address to request a refund via mailed check. Please allow 4 - 6 weeks for check refund processing.
Tuition & Fees
Course tuition prices are as posted in course descriptions in the online catalog. Course tuition varies based on length, live/ Zoom contact hours, and asynchronous content on Canvas.
Tuition rates vary for Special Programming such as Workshops, Lectures, Seminars, and Master Classes. Please refer to individual course descriptions.
Full payment is due at the time of registration. PAFA cannot prorate courses for late registration, withdrawals or missed classes.
Lab and Material Fees
Please consult individual course descriptions for any applicable lab or materials fees.
Model Fees (for On-Campus Courses Only, When Available)
Courses that significantly incorporate the use of models include model fees—see individual course descriptions.
Locker Rentals (for On-Campus Courses Only, When Available)
Locker rentals are currently unavailable for Fall 2021 classes. CE apologizes for the inconvenience.
When offered, lockers are available on a first-come, first-served basis for $25. Locker rental is not available for weekend workshops.
Registration and payment is available online only at this time via VISA, MasterCard, American Express and Discover Card. PayPal payment arrangements may be available upon request for international addresses.
Mailed and in-person check, money order, or cash payments may be accepted by special arrangement after the CE office reopens on August 16. At that time, payment may be provided in the form of check, money order, or credit card. Make checks or money orders payable to “PAFA.”
Please email email@example.com for directions for registration and payment by cash, check, money order, or PayPal.
Registration Information For Online Courses
Continuing Education is pleased to continue availability of online course offerings. In addition to the required art-making materials indicated for each course, students typically need only a computer other device with a high-speed internet connection to participate, as well as a means of photographing artwork to upload for studio-/critique-based courses -- a cell phone camera will suffice. See detailed information for Zoom requirements below.
Online courses feature asynchronous instruction, allowing students to take advantage of posted course content any time of day, and/or synchronous instruction, scheduled for specific days and times via live Zoom videoconferencing sessions. Many courses utilize combination of these formats. See course descriptions.
Note: It is strongly recommended that you add the pafa.edu domain, as well as the Canvas and CourseStorm notification emails below, to your list of approved senders in your email, to ensure that you are receiving all pertinent information and communications regarding your enrollment.
Asynchronous (Canvas) Online Instruction:
- Courses with asynchronous online instruction utilize Canvas as their online learning platform. Canvas allows students to view course content (video, images, text), upload homework assignments for instructor feedback, and communicate both with the instructor one-on-one and with other students via message boards. The course content is typically uploaded each Monday (or other designated start date), and enrolled students have 24-hour access to all posted content to pursue according to their personal schedule.
- Enrolled students will receive an invitation to join Canvas by their course start date. Emailed invitations will be sent via firstname.lastname@example.org / email@example.com. Please be sure to check your email junk/spam or "All Mail" folders and approve sender.
- Registrations shortly before the course start date may receive Canvas information the day-of, or shortly following, the first day of class. Usually this will not result in missed content: Course information uploaded on Canvas is available for the duration of the course.
- For Canvas instructions (following acceptance of the emailed invitation to login) see PAFA's Canvas FAQs.
Synchronous (Zoom) Online Instruction:
- Courses with synchronous courses utilize Zoom for live videoconferencing. Review PAFA's list of Zoom Technical Requirements for details about participating in Zoom courses.
- Course times are included in the course description. All posted meetings take place in Eastern Time.
- Enrolled students will be emailed instructions for accessing Zoom sessions via CourseStorm registration reminders two days before the course start date. Registration reminders/receipts are emailed via firstname.lastname@example.org. Please be sure to check your email junk/spam or "All Mail" folders and approve sender. It is strongly recommended that students take advantage of the Zoom tutorials (included in the Zoom instructions, or via https://zoom.us) before the course begins.
- Registrations shortly before the course start date/time may receive Zoom instructions on their CourseStorm registration receipts or emailed separately.
- Zoom sessions may be recorded. By registering for a Zoom class, students agree to participate in recorded sessions; however, students may elect to adjust setting so as to ensure that they are not visible to other participants/viewers. Recorded Zoom sessions may be viewed later by students registered in the course, but will not be shared beyond enrolled students. Students are not to download and/or share recordings.
- Please note: Faculty are not required to record or make recordings available to students. Students requesting recordings must do so from the instructor -- the CE office cannot provide a faculty member's zoom recordings.
Contact Continuing Education
Thank you for your interest in PAFA's CE programs. Join our community of dedicated artists of all ages and skill levels: Continuing Education offers exceptional studio art classes and workshops for beginner to advanced artists outside of PAFA's degree programs, available to both museum members and the general public.
Telephone: (215) 972–7632