The Youth Council is a free after-school program that offers interested teens a chance to create a prominent place for young audiences in the daily life of the museum.
Open to students in grades 9-12, the Youth Council offers opportunities for paraprofessional experiences within PAFA’s museum, including organizing events and programs for the museum’s expanding teen audience. Participants meet every week from October through May to explore the relationship between their peer group and art museums. They will have privileged access to PAFA’s art collection, staff and resources. In addition to creating, discussing and exploring art, they assist with planning and hosting events geared towards teens and Museum content for diverse audiences.
Additional program highlights include:
- Special access to PAFA staff and resources
- Studio visits with practicing artists
- Engage with exhibit curation
- Field trips to other cultural institutions
- 1 year Family-level museum membership to PAFA
How to Apply
Applications are currently closed.
- Applications are due Sunday, October 4, 2022 by midnight—early applications are encouraged!
- Candidates must be a teen and currently in grade 9, 10, 11 or 12.
- Candidate must submit proof of vaccination to participate or apply for religious/medical exemption.
- Candidates must complete the application in full.
- Eligible candidates must complete an interview.
- Students will be notified of their status via email by October 14th. No phone calls please.
- Candidates must be available Wednesdays from 4:00 – 6:00 from October to May
PAFA offers programs for artists and art lovers of all ages and skill levels who want to learn about and make art.