Net Price Calculator
The Net Price Calculator is a federally-mandated calculator that the U.S. Department of Education hopes will assist prospective first-time, full-time degree/certificate-seeking undergraduate students in determining an estimated net cost of attendance. It is not intended for undergraduate transfer or graduate students.
Using both student-supplied and institution-provided data, the Net Price Calculator allows prospective students and their families to calculate an estimated net price at PAFA using the following basic formula: Price of attendance minus grant aid. An average net price of attendance is generated based on what similar students paid in 2016-2017 (the most current year available).
By launching the calculator, you acknowledge that:
- The calculator is intended for incoming full-time, first-year Certificate, and BFA students who apply by the posted application deadline.
- The calculator provides only a rough approximation of financial aid (and even then, only if accurate data is entered into the calculator).
- Not all students will qualify for all of the aid that the calculator indicates may be available.
- The calculator is not designed to replace the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) or a complete financial aid award package provided by a college financial aid office.
- Families who have high incomes or significant assets will not receive as accurate an estimate of financial aid eligibility.
The estimates generated by the Net Price Calculator do not represent a final determination, or actual award, of financial assistance or a final net price; they are only estimates based on the price of attendance and financial aid provided to students in a given year. The estimates shall not be binding on the Pennsylvania Academy of the Fine Arts.