The Youth Council is a free after-school program that offers interested teens a chance to create a prominent place for young audiences in the daily life of the museum.
Open to students in grades 9-12, the Youth Council offers opportunities for paraprofessional experiences within PAFA’s museum, including organizing events and programs for the museum’s expanding teen audience. Participants meet every week from October through May to explore the relationship between their peer group and art museums. They will have privileged access to PAFA’s art collection, staff and resources. In addition to creating, discussing and exploring art, they assist with planning and hosting events geared towards teens and other diverse audiences.
Additional program highlights include:
- Special access to PAFA staff and resources
- Studio visits with practicing artists
- Engagement with exhibit curation
- Field trips to other cultural institutions
How to Apply
Applications are currently OPEN!
- Applications are due Sunday, October 8th, 2023 by midnight—early applications are encouraged!
- Candidates must be a teen and currently in grade 9, 10, 11 or 12.
- Candidates must complete the application in full.
- Eligible candidates must complete an interview.
- Students will be notified of their status via email by October 13th. No phone calls please.
- Candidates must be available Wednesdays from 4:00 – 6:00 from October to May