Saturday classes present a valuable opportunity for teens to develop and hone their studio art skills under the guidance of PAFA faculty. Open to high school students entering or currently enrolled in 9th - 12th grades. All levels welcome. Ten-week studio courses are available for 1.0 undergraduate credit (for a grade and appropriate credit that would appear on a PAFA transcript, if requested), or for non-credit.
Students under age 18 are required to submit a Parent-Guardian Consent Form (Google Form) upon registering for any Continuing Education course.
Fall registration now open!
All courses run for 10 weeks, September 28 - December 7 (no class on November 30). Tuition for each course is $425 for 1.0 undergraduate credit or non-credit; additional lab fees apply where noted. View complete information for the following courses (note that courses have separate credit and non-credit listings):
- Portfolio Preparation: Drawing, 9 a.m. - 12 p.m.
- Portfolio Preparation: Printmaking, 9 a.m. - 12 p.m. ($10 lab fee)
- Portfolio Preparation: Painting, 12:30 - 3:30 p.m.
- Portfolio Preparation: Introduction to Illustration, 12:30 - 3:30 p.m.
Register for High School Saturday Classes online or by calling 215-972-7632.
When registering, students are responsible for:
- Downloading their course materials list from the online course description
- Completing and submitting a Parent-Guardian Information and Consent Form (Google Form), included on the materials list. This form must be submitted before the first class to permit class participation and attendance on field trips.
- Viewing and agreeing to the terms of the CE Policy Guide on the registration form.
Students will receive an emailed confirmation upon registering and an email reminder with the materials list, policy guide, and consent form shortly before the course start date.
Fall Scholarship Application Deadline: Friday, September 13
CE Pre-College Scholarships
PAFA offers a limited number of full- and partial-scholarships for Saturday pre-college classes, open to all high school students based on merit and need. A completed scholarship application may be submitted in lieu of the completing the online registration.
How to Apply for Scholarship Assistance:
Scholarship applications for CE Pre-College Scholarships are submitted online via SlideRoom (see directions below). Applications must be completed and submitted in full by the deadline. Students will be notified of award decisions via email and must confirm acceptance and submit payment of the tuition balance to complete their registration for their selected courses.
Scholarship Application Requirements:
Registration information and course selection (Students applying for scholarship assistance should register through the SlideRoom application in lieu of submitting an online/paper CE registration form. Space in the course will be held as "pending" while students await scholarship results.)
Teacher’s recommendation (teacher's email address required)
Personal statement (1 – 2 paragraphs explaining why you would like to attend Saturday pre-college classes at PAFA and why you are requesting scholarship assistance)
Portfolio of 5 images. Portfolios should consist of your strongest artwork and should include drawings or paintings from direct observation (as opposed to referencing photographs). Make sure the photos of your artwork are well-lit, not blurry, and show only the artwork (you may need to crop). A smartphone camera is typically sufficient.
SlideRoom Application Directions:
- Click HERE to go to SlideRoom. (Scholarship application will be August 5 - September 13.)
- "Login" to an already existing account, or “Sign Up” to make a SlideRoom account. (SlideRoom is a free service.)
- If creating a new account, open the email that was automatically sent to you and click on the activation link. Log in to your new account.
- Select "CE Pre-College Scholarships - Fall 2019 Saturday Classes" from the Directory.
- Complete the application form sections online and upload your personal statement and digital portfolio images. The recommendation letter will be requested from your instructor via SlideRoom -- be prepared to submit you teacher's/counselor's email address.
- Once all sections are completed, review and submit your application. Once submitted, it cannot be altered. Logout when finished. Be sure to make note of your SlideRoom login information: In addition to logging in to complete an application in-progress, you can use this account for future SlideRoom applications at PAFA and other participating institutions.
For questions, please contact PAFA’s Continuing Education Programs Office at 215-972-7632 or firstname.lastname@example.org.