Before completing a Transcript Request Form, please be advised of the following:
- PAFA's normal processing time is 5-7 business days. Processing time does not reflect delivery time. Orders placed during peak time such as add/drop, registration and commencement may take longer to process.
- Transcript requests will not be processed if you have an outstanding financial obligation to PAFA.
- There is a $5.00 processing fee for each official copy of your transcript. Unofficial or electronic copies are free.
- Please fill out this form completely and clearly -- incomplete information could delay the processing of your request.
- Your signature is required in order for this office to release educational records.
Frequently Asked Questions
What’s the difference between an official transcript and an unofficial transcript?
An official transcript is usually required when you apply to another college/university or for many jobs. An official transcript is printed on special security paper that cannot be copied and has an embossed seal and cannot be emailed or faxed. Official transcripts are usually mailed directly from the Registrar’s Office to the receiving college or employer but can be provided to you in a sealed envelope, as well, if that is acceptable to the recipient. Official transcripts cost $5.00 each.
An unofficial transcript is simply your transcript information on a white sheet of paper with the registrar’s signature. They are usually used by the student as a reference or can sometimes be sent as a temporary confirmation of your education during an application process. Unofficial transcripts can be emailed or faxed and there is no charge for them.
Can I request a transcript by telephone or email?
Transcripts cannot be requested by phone. However, you can email your completed request form to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax it to 215-569-0153.
Can I pick up a transcript in person?
Yes, but sometimes it’s not possible to process a transcript on the spot. Please try to call ahead to let us know that you’re coming (215-972-2017). We can get your transcript ready ahead of time.
Do you offer rush or expedited mailing services?
Not usually. Transcript requests are usually processed every week (normal turnaround time is 5-7 business days). If you need a transcript on short notice, please make that clear in your request and we will make every effort to process your request as quickly as possible. We can also send an unofficial transcript via email or fax to the recipient with a note letting them know that the official transcript will follow shortly via US mail.