Summer Studio Critique Program
This six-week online program is designed for visual artists and educators who desire constructive feedback on their artwork, as well as the support and interaction of an artistic community. Stimulate your personal artistic growth through individual weekly critiques from a stellar ensemble of nationally and internationally known artists, including members of PAFA’s acclaimed faculty, as well as discussion, group critiques, and virtual artist studio visits.
Application deadline: Applications are accepted with a rolling deadline on space-available basis. Space is limited to 12 participants.
Tuition: $750 non-credit, or $1,500 for either 4.0 undergraduate credits or 3.0 graduate credits.
Format: Weekly one-on-one critiques will be conducted via live Zoom videoconferencing sessions; work sharing and discussion boards, as well as critic-provided visual references or readings, will be available via Canvas, PAFA's online learning management system. Weekly critiques will be scheduled each Friday by time-slot sign-up. Lead critic Neysa Grassi will host group critiques/discussions and virtual field trips and artist studio visits. These will be scheduled to best accommodate the group's needs.
Additional benefits: Receive a 10% tuition discount on all subsequent PAFA CE Summer 2020 Classes!
Review complete Registration and Policy Information below.
Registration and Policy Information
The Summer Studio/Critique Program is offered through PAFA's Continuing Education (CE) Programs. Please note that the CE office is currently closed until further notice due to COVID-19 health concerns. Registration is available online only at this time.
Please review the following information carefully prior to registering:
- This is an uninstructed program; as such, prior art-making experience and the ability to work independently are required. Beyond this understanding, there are no specific application requirements or prerequisites for this program.
- Review the Continuing Education Procedures & Policies for important policies, including information about PAFA accreditation and transcript requests. By applying for the Summer Studio/Critique Program, you agree to abide by PAFA's Procedures and Policies.
- Withdrawals from the program must be issued in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org. Withdrawals issued prior to one week before the first day (June 28) be issued a full refund, minus a $50 administrative fee. No refunds are issued for withdrawals after June 28.
- No materials list is provided for this program. Students may work in their media of choice, appropriate for safe use in their home/personal studio.
- In addition to the student's personal selection of art-making materials, the online component requires only a computer other device with a high-speed internet connection, as well as a means of photographing artwork to upload -- a cell phone camera will suffice.
- Review CE's Registration Information for important online course information about Canvas and Zoom, including Zoom technical requirements, which will be adapted for the Studio Critique Program.
For questions, please contact Michael Kowbuz, PAFA’s Director of Continuing Education Programs at email@example.com.
Contact Continuing Education
Thank you for your interest in PAFA's CE programs. Join our community of dedicated artists of all ages and skill levels: Continuing Education offers exceptional studio art classes and workshops for beginner to advanced artists outside of PAFA's degree programs, available to both museum members and the general public.
Telephone: (215) 972–7632