The Pennsylvania Academy of the Fine Arts (PAFA) is seeking a Project Archivist. This position reports to the Director of Archives and is a part-time, 12-month position funded by an NEH Humanities Collections and Reference Resources grant.
The Project Archivist will be responsible for completing the goals of the project, Rediscovering John W. Rhoden: Processing, Cataloging, Rehousing, and Digitizing the John W. Rhoden Papers.
In order to meet NEH grant deadlines and outcomes, this work must be completed within the timeframes outlined in the grant project work plan.
- Coordinate the arrangement and description of multi-format manuscript collection
- Manage and create descriptive and structural metadata following archival metadata standards
- Work closely with the Director of Archives and Rhoden Curator to evaluate digitization scope
- Catalog and digitize up to 5,000 items
- Contribute to social media outreach initiative to promote grant project
- Train and supervise Assistant Archivist and intern(s)
- MLIS from an accredited Library and Information Science program with course worth in archival studies is required.
- Candidate should have at least 1 year of professional archival experience processing collections.
- Successful candidate must be a self-starter, and possess the experience, confidence, and initiative to develop and carry out a processing plan.
- The position requires someone with good communication skills, cataloging and digitization experience, and time management skills.
- Ability to lift heavy boxes up to 40 lbs.
- Supervisory experience.
This is a grant-funded, 12-month, temporary, part-time position (1,200 hours). The hours for this position will be scheduled Monday through Friday between the hours of 9:00 AM–5:00 PM.
How To Apply
Use the "Apply Now" link in the job posting to begin the online application process. You may also copy and paste link into your browser if it does not open in a new window.
A complete application will include:
- Cover letter with salary requirements
- Resume or CV
- List of professional references (3 minimum)
Applicants missing the requested information will not be considered.
When submitting your application online, please save your documents as Microsoft Word (.doc, .docx) or PDF (.pdf) files.
To help us process your applications as efficiently as possible, please save your files with the following filename format.
|Additional Supporting Documents|
The Pennsylvania Academy of the Fine Art is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages the recruitment and retention of qualified candidates for all positions. PAFA encourages members of all diverse groups to seek employment with us.