- Individually tailored assistance in course selection. Call the CE office for course recommendations that fulfill program requirements and best fit your needs.
- Individual guidance and feedback on your progress. Enrolling in CE Certificate classes for credit means that students receive additional attention and assessments of their work in the classroom. A Faculty Advisor will be assigned to Certificate students for additional mentoring and critical advice.
- A flexible timeframe. Requirements can be completed in 1 - 5 years.
- Access to PAFA Open Academy classes. CE Certificate students may elect to fulfill Certificate requirements with eligible BFA and Post-Baccalaureate classes through PAFA's Open Academy Program. Ititial Open Academy application requirements (other than portfolio images) will be waived for students already accepted to the CE Certificate Programs.
- Scheduled critiques with PAFA faculty. Receive feedback on your work and progress as well as helpful insights for future development.
- Access to student support services. CE Certificates students may participate in career workshops and counseling through PAFA's Career Services.
- A Certificate of Completion to commemorate your achievement.
- Online Exhibition at the conclusion of the program and recognition at the CE Annual Juried Student Exhibition.
- Complementary One-Year Alumni Membership.
- Each Certificate is composed of 8 - 12 CE courses, with options to fulfill requirements with Open Academy classes. Course requirements vary by Certificate.
- Certificate programs culminate with a independent studio or other prescribed individual study program to promote personal interests.
- Courses must be taken for credit, which entails assessment for a grade based on attendance, participation and quality of work. Grading requirements vary by course/instructor. Credits will appear on PAFA transcripts, available upon request.
- Critiques and meetings with an assigned faculty adviser are scheduled at regular intervals, based on the rate of completed courses.
- CE Certificate students must complete their Certificate course of study within 5 years of their semester start date. Resuming Certificate course requirements after this time limit will require reinstatement into the program by application and fee.
The Spring 2019 application deadline has passed. Watch for updated Summer 2019 application information in April.
See program descriptions for application requirements.