Leadership Education and Development (LEAD) for Teens
PAFA is proud to premier this new program to give teens a prominent place in the daily life of the museum. The LEAD program offers two opportunities. First, a Youth Council, which high school students are eligible to apply to until Sept 17, 2014. (Application below.) The second is various free events hosted by the Youth Council specifically for teens. Thanks to generous sponsorship by the Barra Foundation, teens in the Youth Council program have the opportunity to:
- Organize museum events for their peers
- Meet PAFA staff and see behind the scenes work in museums
- Represent PAFA in the STAMP program (see below)
- and much more!
Student Docent Program
PAFA trains middle and high school students to be the tour guides for their peers during a museum visit. Student Docents hone their observation, critical thinking, leadership, and presentations skills during training and then organize tours of the galleries for their classmates. Participating schools receive:
- Free transportation for field trips to PAFA
- Free admission for students trips to PAFA
- Certificates of Achievement for all participating student docents
- Free Family Memberships to PAFA for all participating student docents
- Invitations to teen-friendly programs at PAFA
This is a partnership program with schools, where teachers apply to have their class or grade participate
Download a Spring 2015 APPLICATION
The STAMP pass from the Greater Philadelphia Cultural Alliance is open to any Philadelphia high school student, and is valid for one year of FREE admission to a selection of the city’s top museums and attractions. Pass holders also get access to special events throughout the year. Find out more about the 12 participating museums and how to get the pass at the STAMP website.
Get the STAMP pass.