Family Programs aims to engage parents and children with the collection and art making at The Pennsylvania Academy of the Fine Arts. Whatever shape your family takes, you are welcome to learn about, create and celebrate art with us. Find out more information about the following programs by clicking on the program or contact the manager of family programs. Call 215-972-2054 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Art Camp PAFA Fundamentals Art Camp offers enriching, creative experiences for campers in PAFA's historical galleries, the art studios of the school and around the city. Fun and imaginative sessions give students a chance to learn new skills, create art work and make new friends. Sessions are designed to appeal to all levels and interests of young artists ages 5-15 years.
- Birthday Parties NEW! A birthday party at PAFA creates a memorable artistic experience for friends and family that includes gallery activities and art projects. Enjoy your special day in the beautiful historic museum building and share in an art-filled celebration.
- Community Outreach PAFA education staff visit community organizations to provide hands-on art-making projects for families that support our initiatives in strengthening family bonds through the arts. These programs are free for our neighborhood partners and an important part of our initiative to make communities stronger and to bring the museum's collection into as many locations around the area as possible.Contact us for more information.
- Family Arts Academy Sunday Workshops Family Arts Academy aims to strengthen initiatives in family development and art education. Bring the whole gang to PAFA on Sunday afternoon to meet local artists, learn new things and make a different project each week!
- Family Tours NEW! Join education staff for a fun tour of the museum's collection! Meet local parents and caregivers who love art and lively discussion while listening to stories and participating in gallery activities.
- Gallery Guide PAFA gallery guides provide activites, questions and ideas to foster the process of discovery in the gallery. Print a guide out before your visit or find one at the admissions desk.
Family Membership provides admission to special events and workshops as well as discounts for art camp, family tours, birthday parties and more! Click here for more information or to become a member.
Family Arts Academy at PAFA is funded in part by grants from the National Endowment for the Arts and from the U.S. Institute of Museum and Library Services, with additional support from:
- The Victory Foundation
- Dolfinger-McMahon Foundation
- The Lindback Foundation