Family Programs aims to engage parents and children with the collection and art making at The Pennsylvania Academy of the Fine Arts. Whatever shape your family takes, you are welcome to learn about, create and celebrate art with us. Find out more information about the following programs by clicking on the program or contact the manager of family programs. Call 215-972-2054 or email email@example.com.
- Family Arts Academy Bring the whole family to PAFA on Sunday afternoons for fun art-making workshop, and a chance to meet local artists, and make a different project each week.
- Family Tours Join education staff for an interactive tour of the Museum’s collection and special exhibitions. Meet local parents and caregivers who love art and lively discussion, while listening to stories and participating in gallery activities.
- Art Camp PAFA Art Camp offers enriching, creative experiences for young artists (ages 5-15) in PAFA's historical galleries, the art studios of the School of Fine Arts, and around Philadelphia.
- Homeschool Workshops These workshops provide a 2-hour session of looking, discussing, learning and art-making designed specifically for home-schooled children.
- Birthday Parties Create a memorable artistic experience for your child’s friends and family that includes gallery activities, art projects, and more in the beautiful Museum galleries.
- Gallery Guide PAFA Kid's Guides provide activities, questions and ideas to foster the process of discovery in the gallery. Print a guide out before your visit or find one at the Visitor Services desk.
- Community Outreach PAFA education staff visit community organizations to provide free, hands-on art-making projects for families that support PAFA’s initiatives in strengthening family bonds through the arts. An important part of PAFA’s initiative to make communities stronger, these workshops bring the Museum's collection into as many locations around the area as possible. Contact us for more information.
Family Membership provides admission to special events and workshops as well as discounts for art camp, family tours, birthday parties and more! Click here for more information or to become a member.
Family Arts Academy at PAFA is funded in part by grants from the National Endowment for the Arts and from the U.S. Institute of Museum and Library Services, with additional support from:
- The Victory Foundation
- Dolfinger-McMahon Foundation
- The Lindback Foundation