When the lights go out, the galleries come alive. Join us for a series of after-hours events featuring live music and off-beat performances, behind-the-scenes gallery talks and flashlight tours, interactive scavenger hunts, and hands-on art-making activities. PAFA After Dark features six themed evenings each year that let you experience the Museum like never before. Enjoy complimentary snacks with cash bar, mingle with fellow art lovers, and discover new ways to explore America’s first Museum and School of Fine Arts.
Thursday, December 5, 6 - 9 p.m.
Pre-registration now closed
A limited number of tickets will be available at the door.
Keep warm with us inside the Beyond the Paint: Philadelphia’s Mural Arts exhibition and listen to the jazz stylings of Luke O’Reilly and his band. Meet members of Philadelphia’s Karen Burmese community who have been collaborating with muralist Shira Walinsky on the Southeast by Southeast art project, get a glimpse at murals-in-process, and in the spirit of the season, bring two non-perishable food items to donate to Philabundance’s efforts to keep Philly fed, and we’ll give you a ticket for a free drink.
- Watch performances by the fabulous Karen Burmese Dancers
- Screen print a t-shirt to take home
- Pick up a festive gift at a pop-up textile shop of traditional Karen Burmese clothing
- Follow Museum staff on an “It’s a Wonderful Life” tour
- Design a paper lantern to hang at home and help decorate our galleries by making your own snowflakes
On Twitter? Join the conversation by using the hashtag #PAFAAfterDark!
NEXT UP >>
PAFA AFTER DARK: PEEP SHOW 2.0 - Thursday, February 6, 2014, 6 - 9 p.m.